We offer an unparalleled range of multiday warm water kayaking tours in Italy. You can explore the sunny Italian Riviera, paddle between the five villages of iconic Cinque Terre, glide across the surface of breathtakingly clear turquoise blue water in Sardinia, kayak the exquisitely beautiful Italian Lake District and see magical Venice from the most memorable point of view. All our Italian kayaking trips include unique regional elements, both cultural and culinary, well-planned paddling days and carefully chosen boutique accommodations. Contact us at 1-800-677-0877 for detailed information and travel advice
Reviewed in Washington Post and The Financial Review
Slow life down to the pace of a paddle stroke and explore one the most beautiful and romantic landscapes in the world by kayak. Join us for nine days of spectacular scenery and gourmet meals in the Italian Lake District.
- Lago Como - Bellagio, Varenna and Villa del Balbianello
- Lago Lugano - Gandria and Morcote
- Lago Maggiore - Hermitage of Santa Caterina and the Islands of the Borromeo Gulf
Awarded Best Ocean Trips 2014
Outside Magazine's 2013 Travel Awards
Discover the range of scenery, culture and cuisine in this award-winning trip that combines two distinctly appealing paddling destinations into a fascinating Italian travel experience that includes 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Cinque Terre, the five seaside villages that are jewels in a spectacular natural setting
- Porto Antico of Genoa, the medieval old city at the heart of Genoa, the birthplace of Columbus
- La Maddalena National Park in Sardinia widely considered the Mediterranean’s best kayaking destination
Kayaking Venice and the Dolomites
Awarded Best Tours in Europe 2014
National Geographic Traveler Magazine's 2014 Tours of a Lifetime
Explore the spectacular Dolomites on foot and afloat. Discover a side of Venice that most visitors never see. Escape the crowds and experience romantic Venice the way the would's original water city was meant to be seen - from the water.
- hike and paddle the Dolomites
- sample artisanal Prosecco at a DOCP vineyard
- experience aspects of Venice that few visitors ever see.
- kayak the canals of Venice and explore the city this water city safely under your own power
Kayaking Cinque Terre and The Italian Riviera
Savor “La Dolce Vita” (the sweet life) while kayaking the Italian Riviera, one of the most iconic and beautifully coastlines in the world.
- the Porto Antico of Genoa, the medieval heart of ancient Genoa
- the one thousand year old Abbey of San Fruttuoso
- Cinque Terre, the five villages in Cinque Terre National Park
- Portofino Natural park and the famous harbor of Portofino
- Portovenore, “Port of Venus”, the sixth village of Cinque Terre
Discover the wonders and kayaking adventure to found on Sardinia, Europe's last wild island.
- Kayaking the Gulf of Orosei
- Hiking the Suproamonte
- Explore Spanish Aghero
- Kayak Capo Caccia
- Paddle the La Maddalena Archipelago
Our Newest Kayaking Tour in Italy
In Sicily we kayak the waters of Odysseus, Homer’s epic hero, paddle into picture-perfect villages, along the fortress walls of ancient cities and land in sandy coves as we explore Sicily’s legendary eastern coast. Discover Sicilian cuisine that has earned the Island the nickname “God’s Kitchen” and explore the fertile slopes of Mount Etna.
- Catania's legendary fish market
- Ortigia and Syracuse
- Capo Passero
- the Baroque Route - Ragusa
- Mount Etna
"Travel by kayak in Italy combines ancient culture with stunning natural beauty. It is an absolute delight. “Marineria,” the life of the sea, is at the heart and soul of every village. Warm water, sun drenched beaches, and great Mediterranean food are all part of the harmony of life at the sea’s edge. Experiencing a culture such as this by kayak allows you to enjoy its natural rhythms. When paddling, time slows down so you can savor some of the simple pleasures of Italian life — warm focaccia, piping hot espresso and, the ultimate mid paddling day treat, gelato."
— Grant Thompson, Founder and Expedition Director